Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cordless telephones

On 08/20/2017 07:32 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

[snip]

We have a pretty good power company here and the power rarely goes out but there are blinks from time to time. The power company has crews that inspect and keep the main lines clear of tree branches. At home I have UPS backup power for my desk and computer table. If the power blinks or fails I only notice because I hear the UPS backup units kick in. If the power fails at night, I'm awakened by the alarms on the all UPS units and it sounds like a forest full of animal calls. An LED desk lamp will run for many hours on a small APC UPS. At home I keep my desk lamps on all the time and I can see to get around safely even if there is a power outage at night. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Electrified Monster

Sometimes I wish I had bought a house on the other side of the street.
They have fewer and shorter power outages.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"A man who is an agnostic by inheritance, so that he doesn't remember
any time that he wasn't, has almost no hatred for the religious." [H.L.
Mencken]