Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default ugly solar installation

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 16 Aug 2017 20:50:18 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

fios runs on fibre optics to the ONT the box on the outside of the home they do it this way so techs can work on fios from outside

DSL works on the copper lines., verizon has decided to turn off its entire copper plant nationwide. a friend is a verizon tech reports 3 states have already gone dark,.

verizon has sold off nearly all customers in non fios areas.......

Yes, I should plan it right so that I get the best deal to abandon DSL.
But I have no patience to pay attention, and I might be too late
already, and I'll probably get an ultimatum and a bad deal.

there long term plans re to go to wireless internet.

i was a early fios adopter. it had all sorts of troubles, including a central office problem with a bad router. there road techs were great, but their customer call in csrs sucked big time.

i finally demanded they remove the copper lines NID and all fios stuff most notably the ONT on the side of my house........

LOL. But I don't get it. If FIOS was giving you so much trouble,
wouldn't you want the copper as a backup?

they reported it was against company policy impossible.

i threated them with my promise a big banner across my yard

VERIZON FIOS SUCKS. heck i had access to one of those low power radio stations realtors use. i was going to broadcast to anyone coming by my horror story.......

LOL

if verizon ever sends another salesman too my home i will ask him to help me put the sign up..........

the same fios call takers also supported my business phone.....one day realizing i was only using my cell phone for out going calls. i called and cancelled my out going call package which cost at the time 60 bucks a month

they mistakendly called my entire phone line twice...... 2nd timw took nearly a week to fix

now you know why i hate verizon

they tried 2 to 3 times a week harassing me at dinner time to try to sell me fios after i had turned it off, so far they have left me alone.....

I got them to stop calling me, but they still write a lot.

i do some advertising for fios. if i run into a fios sales kiosk i stand around and act friendly, once there lots of people around i tell my horror story.....

LOL