Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cordless telephones

On Mon, 21 Aug 2017 02:08:10 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

We have ass kicking storms here all the time. We would call "Sandy"
"Tuesday afternoon". The difference is out building code is tougher
and FPL knows how to mitigate storms. Power was off after Charley for
about 18 hours. I am not sure it went off in Wilma at all. If it did
it was less than an hour. I have had a new in the box generator in my
garage for a decade. The power has not been off long enough to justify
opening the box.

I'd hate all those codes. It's your house, you should do what you like with it, it's your property. I thought America was capitalist. You own something, nobody should tell you what you can do with it.

It is all from the insurance companies. If you do not have storm
insurance, the codes are not really that important, particularly
"flood".
I still build compliant things, usually exceeding code but that is
because I believe the principles in the code is what keeps my house
from blowing away