Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cordless telephones

On Mon, 21 Aug 2017 02:05:14 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Mon, 21 Aug 2017 01:53:46 +0100, wrote:

On Sun, 20 Aug 2017 23:00:28 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

So if I call an American landline, I might get an unexpectedly large phonebill because it's actually a mobile?

Why would you get a bill?If you have a landline you do not pay
minutes, and most mobile people have unlimited plans these days too
unless it is a "burner".

Mobile is unlimited, although not for foreign calls. Landlines are unlimited for landline calls, but you pay for mobiles, hence I need to know if I'm calling a mobile.

Not an issue here. The mobil user is the only one getting charged for
minutes, incoming or outgoing if they are not on an unlimited plan.
I had a 100 minute a year plan for several years and never went over
or even close. Now I am on the plan with my wife and family. Any call
between customers in that carrier is "free" so I do not get 5 minutes
a year these days.
I am not much of a talker on the phone.