Posted to alt.home.repair
Unquestionably Confused[_4_] Unquestionably Confused[_4_] is offline

Default Cordless telephones

On Mon, 21 Aug 2017 02:02:01 +0100, Unquestionably Confused

On Sun, 20 Aug 2017 21:43:37 +0100, Mark Lloyd wrote:

[snip]

Your phone number pretty much becomes YOUR property once you get it.* I
used to have Cellular One (which morphed into AT&T) and then switched to
Sprint and now to Verizon Wireless and have retained the same number
across carriers.* I'm told that I can take that number to a landline and
vice versa but I have neither tried it nor confirmed it.

I gather you have a different system to us for car registration plates
too.* The plate belongs to the driver?* Here, it belongs to the car.

Yes and no.

Plates are assigned by the various states and territories and each does
it their own way. My state assigns plates to the individual who, in
turn, registers their usage on the vehicle owned at the time. Other
states follow the UK and issue them to the car and when the car is
transferred to a new owner, so are the plates.