Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pawn Shop Tool Sco Router & ROS

On Sun, 20 Aug 2017 15:44:42 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

I recently built a router table extension for my table saw. I decided to
look on-line for a spare base for my Porter Cable 690 router so I wouldn't
have to take the base off of the table to use the router by hand.

The bases are readily available on eBay, tool sites, Home Depot, etc. They
go for anywhere from $70-$80 once you include shipping and tax. I decided
to try my local Craiglist and found a 690 base that just happened to come
with a 690 router for $60. I called the number and it turned out to be
a pawn shop.

I went to the store, and after a little negotiation, I got the router and
a Dewalt D26453 Variable Speed ROS for $80, no tax. The router is in better
shape than mine and the sander looks barely used.

http://i.imgur.com/CN8IcZL.jpg?1

I could've spent a lot more money at that pawn shop. The tool section
takes up about 1/3 of the store. Nice neighborhood too, nothing sketchy.
I'll definitely be going back to shop some more.

(I'm going to try an adapt an old miter saw dust bag for use with the ROS.
If it doesn't work, eBay has them for $13.)

If they aren't bad.
They are the best stolen tools money can buy ;-)