Posted to alt.home.repair
Unquestionably Confused[_4_] Unquestionably Confused[_4_] is offline

Default Cordless telephones

On Sun, 20 Aug 2017 21:43:37 +0100, Mark Lloyd wrote:

[snip]

Mobiles don't have area codes.

I have (or have had) mobile phones with AT&T, Alltel, Sprint, and
Verizon. In all cases, the area code was the same as the area code for
my home phone.

That's a bit daft.* When I'm going to call a number, I know if it's a
mobile by the first 5 digits.

All depends upon what you're used to. Here in the US you can easily get
a mobile with a different area code than the area in which you are
physically located and use the phone.

For a time I had a second mobile phone here that had a Houston, TX area
code and prefix.

Your phone number pretty much becomes YOUR property once you get it. I
used to have Cellular One (which morphed into AT&T) and then switched to
Sprint and now to Verizon Wireless and have retained the same number
across carriers. I'm told that I can take that number to a landline and
vice versa but I have neither tried it nor confirmed it.