Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Cordless telephones

On 8/16/2017 10:11 AM, Tekkie® wrote:
posted for all of us...

On Mon, 14 Aug 2017 13:24:02 -0700 (PDT), Bob
wrote:

Can I plug the base-unit into the phone-jack and use its handset in a different room? Can I can buy only a charger for that handset?

Generallt speaking yes on both counts, bur why not get one with one
or more wireless extensions - then you get the chargrs with them.

We have a wireless base on the wall in the kitchen with answering
machine built in, and I have another wireless base on my desk in the
basement with 2 remotes - o0ne in the living room and one in the
bedroom. We have both bases and the IP Phone system on UPS units.

On my Panasonic system the system works as long as there is a fully charged
handset in the base.

My panasonic set works whether there is a handset in the base or not.