Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Neon John Neon John is offline

Default eclipse. car tint vs welders mask

On Sat, 19 Aug 2017 21:26:05 -0700, mike wrote:

I don't have a TV and the photos I take will have MY copyright on them
with no restrictions on how I use them.

Interesting. You think your pictures are so much better than the
zillion that will be posted on the web that you need to protect them?
You do have a computer, right?

Quite the contrary. I know my pictures will not be the best because I
didn't spend a zillion bucks on the setup. The important thing is
that I own the shot and can therefore do anything I want with
them. Including publishing them on my website with a Creative Commons
mark so anyone can use them.

OK just how is joe sixpack gonna tell if his glasses are approved?

Well, the ones I bought have all the approval stamps printed on the
insides of the earpieces. And they came from a reputable source.

Do you weld? If so, how do you know that your welding filters are
authentic? After all, a stick-welding arc is as bright as the sun and
you DO stare at that light source for long periods of time. At some
point, you just gotta trust the approvals listed on quality name-brand
parts.

John

John DeArmond
http://www.neon-john.com