Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxxx Fredxxx is offline

Default Car park collapse

On 20/08/2017 10:41, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
It happens that dennis@home formulated :
In the picture a transit van has reversed into a wall and knocked it
off the deck of the car park.

The question is does the wall have to stop a transit van going through
it or not?
The car park shows no signs of falling down.

It looks to me as if there is a cantelevered section of floor, beyond
the main floor, with a wall on the far edge of the cantelevered section.
It seems the cantelevered section has collapsed under the extra weight
of the van, taking the wall along with it.

You seem to be correct.

There is another car perilously close to the edge too, implying the
floor went further. The floor above is similar.

Something tells me it's all going to come down and rebuilt.