Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default ugly solar installation

On 8/16/2017 8:44 AM, micky wrote:

This is a great page, except for one mistake, as I read it. "The sun
is overhead in the summer, when the array is most productive€”so the
arrays are nearly identical during the most crucial times"

He does say "nearly" but I still think it can be misleading to a lot of
people. The sun is always above our heads, but it is never directly
above our heads or north of the the line going straight up from our
heads. That is, even on the longest day of the year, the sun is never
farther north than the Tropic of Cancer, which goes through Mexico and
along the northern coast of Cuba. So even Florida and Texas don't get
direct sunlight, ever. There is always some angle. But the angle is
less during the summer -- That's what makes it summer!

What are you trying to say here?

The sun at the longest days comes in my north facing windows in early
morning and late evening. North of the arctic circle, the sun comes from
straight north at midnight.