CBHvac

Default Air Circulation in Multi-Level House

denverdoright-at-hotmail-dot-com wrote in message
What is a "Manual D"? (Excuse my ignorance....)

Not a problem...
Manual D is the way we PROPERLY size ducts, to insure that enough air, at
the correct volume and velocity is delivered to each room, and enough air is
removed via the returns to insure your total comfort..

Manual J is used to calculate heat gain/loss of the home to properly size
your unit.
Manual T is used when sizing heat pumps...J is sometimes substitued.
Manual N is used for commercial application sizing,
But D is always used for duct sizing.

There is only one unit - it's a "starter" home in Highlands Ranch, and

even
if it were proposed, I probably wouldn't have gone for a second one, too
much expense.

Not flaming...but its gonna cost you more long term IF a second unit is
required....even if you dont put one in.
What you have is a common problem with the cheaper builders out your way.
Saw it all the time when I lived in Colorado Springs. Amazing that anyone,
particularly the builder, would skimp on the one appliance that is asked to
perform day in, day out, without trouble for years, that maintains your
living enviroment.

I may just have to live with ceiling fans....

Ugh..

Thanks!

Good luck.

x-- Access to over 800 Gigs/Day - $8.95/Month
x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD