Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default New circular saw

On 8/17/2017 2:57 PM, Markem wrote:
On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 11:35:59 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 8/16/2017 4:58 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 16 Aug 2017 11:17:55 -0400,
wrote:

I always take the reviews with a big grain of salt -
- the Chevy Vega was MotorTrend Car-Of-The-Year for 1971 -
.. yep I owned one ..

I drove one cross country. It was good on the trip but bunred oil after
that. I guess an 800 mile day is too much for it.

After you bore them out and put in cast iron sleaves and akuminum
postons instead of iron plated pistons in aluminum bores, they
actually were not a BAD engine. If you could keep them from
overheating even the aluminum wasn't bad - but keeping them cool was a
problem

Do all that - then drop the engine into a car that doesn't rot away
in 3 or 4 years ..
then you might have a car-of-the-year candidate !
John T.
Just about any car in the seventies rusted away in 3 or 4 years.

That depended on your location. I lived 3 miles from the gulf coast and
my 72 Vega had no rust even when I got rid of it 4 years later. For
that matter none of my parents vehicles rusted in the same location over
a 20 year period.

You lack the salt on the roads for a few months in the winter would be
my thought. The rust belt has a few meanings.

Precisely.