Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] nomail@gmail.com is offline

Default How to cover a large soakaway?

I have a Well soakaway (to pump water into before it runs clear and
could be pumped into the loft tanks - all now redundant) and a soakaway
that takes the septic tank output before (presumably) passing it to the
leach field. Both are brick, just over 4 feet diameter and both need the
covers sorting out in a way that gets them flush with the lawn and have
a standard access hatch. I've investigated prefab concrete rings but
these are expensive, heavy to transport and would be unsightly. My only
other thought is to try to set-up something (concrete lintels?) across
the soakaways, a couple of feet below ground level, to support paving
slabs and a cover, then to pour concrete in situ to complete the pad.
Comments and counter suggestions are very welcome ...