Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hanging drywall - alone

On Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 7:44:09 PM UTC-5, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
On Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 6:14:53 PM UTC-5, Uncle Monster wrote:

On Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 5:44:09 PM UTC-5, Iggy - norant wrote:

replying to Eigenvector, Iggy wrote:

Both smart choices. But, if you find yourself in the situation again and
neither are immediately available. The best way I've found, is to screw-in (3
or 4 screws) a loose ledger board (1/4" of slack space, I prefer a wobble) in
the middle of the joist. Then it's, lift the panel up onto the ledger board,
shove it into the screws (some indenting is perfect) and screw-down the free
edge you're holding up. Very simple, lightweight, compact, quick, easy,
self-aligning and you can do 2 sheets or both sides with 1 install of the
ledger board.

You're too late, 11 years ago, Eigenvector was crushed under a huge stack of drywall. Investigators said he was squished so flat that it was hard to tell him from the drywall. They decided to let the gerbils clean up the mess.ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Dry Monster

Iggy-norant, must think stupidity is a virtue. We've had some
stupid people here in the past but he's going for first prize.
Reading comprehension is wonderful, I wish he would try it
before replying to another ancient post.

Archaeological posting. It's an old game. snicker \(—¦'Œ£'—¦)/

[8~{} Uncle Ancient Monster