Brian Elfert

Default anyone try BONA / BonaKem TRAFFIC or MEGA floor finishing products?

Bay Area Dave writes:

The end result is pretty nice, but my 2 regrets are that I worked like a
slave to do the job, and with rental four machines, plus the materials,
I only saved a couple of hundred dollars, and the slight depressions
left by the drum sander. (The pad sander used to remove the excess wood
filler isn't going to remove the drum sanding boo boos.) I spent over
$500 to do one room 13 x 17.

My house is 18 months old. About 6 months ago, I had a problem with
my freezer dumping enough water to warp some of the floor.

The damage wasn't bad enough to replace the floor, but I need to have it
sanded and refinished.

The quote from the folks who installed the floor was $3 per sq foot, a
total of $1500 for 500 sq feet. This includes sanding, stain, and two
coats of waterborne poly. I'm going to wait until next summer so I can
live in my RV for a few days while the work is done.

Brian Elfert