Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default ugly solar installation

On 8/16/2017 5:00 PM, micky wrote:

The solar company gets all the tax benefits and you get the potential
cost liability. You usually have a long term lease that leaves you
liable when you want to sell the house. Not for me.

About 20 years, I think. So you're expected to pay off the loan if you
sell your house? That makes sense.

I guess I was thinking the new owner would take over the contract, but
even if he continued the agreement so they continued to get their
payments, it would be like a subtenant and the original tenant, who had
moved out, would still be ultimately liable for the rent if it doesn't
get paid by the subtenant.

I imagine there are different ways to handle it but I wonder what it
does to the value of the house. Five years in, if the lease was paid off
by the original owner I can se it as a plus. Twenty years later with
old equipment wearing out, it could be a deal killer.