Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default New Carrier AC runs past setpoint when I shut thermostatbacklight off

On 8/16/2017 12:56 PM, Pat wrote:
On Wed, 16 Aug 2017 07:29:47 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

Time to get a new tech. I've never had any thermostat go 2 deg lower
than set, nor would many people put up with that.

Things get fancier every year. My new Lennox will go up to 3 degrees
below the set point in order to lower the humidity. (That feature is
can be disabled and the number of degrees is a user setting).

Humidity control is important to comfort and not easy to control
economically. Some years ago my father was the maintenance engineer in
a printing plant. humidity control was more important that temperature
control. The plant was air conditioned for that reason, not for
employee comfort. On cool but rather humid days the AC did not run
enough to removed the humidity so they cranked up at least one of the
heating boilers to warm it up enough to run the AC.

I don't know the capacity of it, but I do remember walking into the
plenum with room to spare.