Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default ugly solar installation

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 16 Aug 2017 04:52:40 -0400, joe
wrote:

On 08/15/2017 10:28 PM, micky wrote:
I myself don't think solar panels are ugly, only that bloomin' pipe.

Agreed! I'd penetrate the roof (like a plumbing vent) with PVC electrical conduit and place the controls in a basement/utility room.

In my neighborhood post, I suggested that, and added that that part
wouldn't be free. The other part is not free but you don't have to pay
anything in advance. They collect it monthly and also promise your
total bill will be lower or at least not higher than it has been.

The other pretty big thing they've been putting outside is the FIOS
(fiber optic) cable box.

My DSL keeps taking breaks of some sort. Sometimes the webradio (a
separate program) will play for long periods of time with no
interruption, while the web seems to stop, even email will sometimes
stop. OTOH, sometimes the webradio sometimes stops while the other
things work fine.

A) If I had FIOS would that solve things?
B) Is Verizon intentionally messing with DSL to get people to change to
FIOS, or was it always like this?