Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott[_17_] Scott[_17_] is offline

Default Cable by the metre

On Tue, 15 Aug 2017 13:38:45 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Tuesday, 15 August 2017 19:06:33 UTC+1, Scott wrote:
You can always use a bit of 2.5 mm2 t&e if available.

I know, but my concern is it would create an impression the work was
not done by a real electrician, which is not the result I am trying to
achieve.

Obviously a real diyer goes to the shop for 2 metres of shiny new cable.

A real electrician would chuck in a piece from the scrap bucket on the van.

Really. A real electrician carrying out a rewire would gather
together loose bits of cable saved in the back of the van in the hope
they might fit the cable runs, rather than turning up with a reel of
cable. I can see that.