denverdoright-at-hotmail-dot-com

Default Air Circulation in Multi-Level House

I live in a small 1980-era tri-level house. in the Denver area of Colorado.
We just installed a new forced-air furnace and central A/C. There is a
fairly steep (I think) temperature differntial between the upper level
(contains kitchen and master bedroom) and lower level (with my office and
2nd bedroom) - perhaps as much as 10-15 degrees.

A ceiling fan in the kitchen helps, as does the fan on the furnace (it's a
variable-speed fan, and the installers said to leave it running constantly
and it would circulate air). Is there anything else I can do to increase
circulation?

More details:

* There are air returns on all 3 levels.
* There are forced-air ducts inn almost every room. They all seem to work.
* It is most noticable in the afternoons, as there is no shade on the west
side of the house. I try to keep blinds closed then.
* It is more or less open between all 3 levels. Top level has kitchen, bath,
master bedroom. Middle level has living room. Lower level has family room
(used as my office), bath and 2nd bedroom. Kitchen, living room, family room
are "stacked staggered", and are open along the common wall (railing).

One reason for my question is my wife would like to eliminate the ceiling
fan in the kitchen, replace it with better looking lights. Aesthetically, I
would like that too.

x-- Access to over 800 Gigs/Day - $8.95/Month
x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD