Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Seeking a custom size pocket door

On Mon, 14 Aug 2017 12:52:55 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Hi my bedroom has a pocket door (door slides into the wall like on star trek).
But the frame itself, inside the wall, has bent - and the result is that when the door opens or closes it scrapes and the door gets scratches on it. To fix the frame you'd have to open up the wall and I want to avoid that. The easiest solution is a new, thinner door. The door itself is actually pretty cheap, it's hollow. So i need a new door that is thinner than normal. Does anyone know where to have a cheap door custom cut? Or is it possible to take a half inch of thickness out of the existing hollow door? Thanks

I would open up the wall if we are just talking about drywall. Then go
get a decent track and roller system and have a door that will work
flawlessly forever. That stamped metal "C" track is trash. Get one
that uses extruded aluminum rails and good rollers.
The Johnson 100 series is very good, the 200 series is excellent.
It is also US made.
http://johnsonhardware.com/pocket-door-hardware-sets