Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Seeking a custom size pocket door

On Monday, August 14, 2017 at 3:53:00 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Hi my bedroom has a pocket door (door slides into the wall like on star trek).
But the frame itself, inside the wall, has bent - and the result is that when the door opens or closes it scrapes and the door gets scratches on it.. To fix the frame you'd have to open up the wall and I want to avoid that. The easiest solution is a new, thinner door. The door itself is actually pretty cheap, it's hollow. So i need a new door that is thinner than normal. Does anyone know where to have a cheap door custom cut? Or is it possible to take a half inch of thickness out of the existing hollow door? Thanks

How thin does it need to be? How did the inside track get bent?

Have you considered making your own?

Perhaps you could use some nice birch plywood and trim it out with just enough wood that it
won't scrape. This, of course, assumes that the hardware can handle the weight of the plywood.

If not, buy some lighter boards and either glue them into a panel or glue and screw horizontal
boards to hold the vertical boards together. Similar to a barn door.

Shower curtain? ;-)