Philip Hallstrom

Default Point me in the right direction for installing carpet on stairs...

Hi all -

I need to replace the carpet on my stairs... I've done a lot of
remodeling (walls, electrical, plumbing, hard wood) but never
stairs... and was hoping to get nudged in the right direction.

It seems like it's just a matter of cutting and stapling, but I'm sure
there are some tricks/hints that would help me out

So... are there?

I'd like to wrap the stairs and have the bull-nosed effect rather than
the waterfall (I think that's what someone called) it look.

So, any advice? Such as whether the carpet should be one long piece,
or cut individually per tread/riser... what type of staples? how far
apart?, etc.

Thanks!

-philip