Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I have a craftsman riding mower with a 15 hp engine, peters outand won't run after about 20 min. Of mowing. Its not the gas cap.

On 8/12/17 2:44 PM, Jules fredrickson wrote:
It seems like it my kohler command 15 hp craftsman, 426cc, riding mower,
model: CV15S, built between 1995-1998, has a bad coil. I already checked
and
tested the gas cap with no improvement. I can start it and mow for about
25 or 30 minutes and then it rapidly peters out.If I let it sit for a half
hour or more, it will run again for about the same amount of time. I've
looked into web sites and one said my Kohler Command has a gravity fuel
feed
system but mine has a fuel pump. It is not a Kohler Courage according to
the
info on the engine. When it "stalls" for lack of better terminology, it
sounds
like I have moved the throttle slowly down to idle and then shut it off.
Please help. I'm at a loss. Should I get a coil, or is there something
that I
should check with the fuel pump or carb? Oh and it does smell somewhat hot
after it quits.
Would appreciate any help. And thanks.

Ford engines used to die due to bad coils. The engines would
quit after they got warm then restart after they cooled. I don't
remember if they would die suddenly or start missing then die.