Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Cleaning a MIG liner

On Sat, 12 Aug 2017 19:00:12 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

On 8/11/2017 11:17 PM, rangerssuck wrote:

Nice. Do you ever change the silica gel or does it just dry out on its own during less humid times?

I think that I've changed it a couple of times (in 11 years). It
changes color when it's water-laden & I check for that occasionally. I
think that the tight enclosure keeps enough moisture out that the silica
gel doesn't have to work too hard.

You can rejuvenate silica gel in several ways, which you can find
easily by doing a Google search.

I've been doing it for years, using the slow-dry method in a kitchen
oven.

--
Ed Huntress