Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Cleanser

On Sat, 12 Aug 2017 15:58:47 -0400, Meanie wrote:

On 8/12/2017 3:31 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 12 Aug 2017 15:10:12 -0400, Meanie wrote:

Thanks. The tub must be 60 years old or so and is really not too bad.
I'm sure it would cost a ton of money to replace.

If you like the tub, you can choose to have it re-glazed in lieu of a
replacement. I believe the cost is a fraction of replacement, though, I
haven't researched that.

+1 I've had antique sinks and tubs re-glazed as well as several
modern sinks. Didn't break the bank in either case.

I have heard it was inexpensive. IT would be something I'd consider,
especially for an older well built tub.

The most I ever paid was for a refinish of a 1910 ball & talon claw
foot tub, They took it away for a couple of weeks. I had plans for it
but that didn't work out. Paid $500 to finish inside, outside, and
ball & talon legs.

Sold it for $500 but lost the $25 I paid for it :-/