Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Cleanser

On Sat, 12 Aug 2017 11:01:30 -0700 (PDT), ItsJoanNotJoann
wrote:

On Saturday, August 12, 2017 at 12:40:45 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:

What is the cost of the tub & can a doctor write a prescription for
medical needs, for a tax a deduction?

My tub is a Boca tub, it's got one of the highest ratings, if not
the highest, in the industry; lowest step-in of any tub on the
market, too. They will actually quote you a price over the phone
unlike Safe-Step walk-in tubs. I could have chosen a model that
does not have the air jets for around $4200 but I did get air jets
and massaging jets for $5500.

Safe-Step absolutley will NOT give a quote over the phone nor in
their store. They require a salesman to come to your home to show
you their models, measure, and talk you into buying their product.
The rock bottom price that _I've_ seen for a Safe-Step, installed,
is $11,000.

As for getting a 'prescription' from a doctor for a tax write-off
I haven't a clue. I've never heard of one doing that but that
doesn't mean it can't be done!

I looked at the Boca site. Care & Maintenance pdf guide suggested
"soft scrub" or fiberglass cleaner, like might be used on boat hulls.

I mentioned the prescription because my wife's doctor said she needed
hydrotherapy. He wrote a letter to insurance, the cost ended with a
tax deduction because we bought a 4-person outdoor Spa. Just sayin'.

I'd ask the doctor about it.