Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Cleanser

On 08/12/2017 09:22 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/12/2017 10:17 AM, philo wrote:
I have a old bathtub that never seems to get really clean. I always
use a standard cleanser such as Comet or Ajax. Recently I was advised
to try Bar Keepers Friend. Instead of using an abrasive as it's
primary ingredient it uses a mild acid. Not strong enough to burn you
but seems to clean better.

The cleansers are why it does not clean up well. The glaze is ruined
from years of abrasives. You may do well with a good liquid cleaner also

Thanks. The tub must be 60 years old or so and is really not too bad.
I'm sure it would cost a ton of money to replace.