Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Would You Trust This Jack Stand?

On Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 11:59:07 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
On 08/10/2017 05:18 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
My question is quite simple: Would you feel safe working under a vehicle that was
supported by either of these jack stands, assuming of course that you stayed
within the 2 ton rating of the device.

I'd feel safe but I'd also feel safe with a jack stand that doesn't cost
$140. If you're worried about the welds I'm surprised you're not looking
at the pins and wondering what their shear strength is. Ultimately
that's what is going to hold the weight up.

I don't need to wonder about the shear strength of the pins because the spec
is given in the video.