Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Would You Trust This Jack Stand?

On 8/10/17 6:18 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I'm not looking to start another discussion related to the proper techniques for
jacking up and supporting a vehicle. That subject has been discussed ad nauseam.

My question is quite simple: Would you feel safe working under a vehicle that was
supported by either of these jack stands, assuming of course that you stayed
within the 2 ton rating of the device.

Based on the date that this first video was published, I think this is the newest
version of the RennStand.

Video Published on May 10, 2017
https://youtu.be/yqXIrSVQ3ts

The following appears to be an earlier version of the RennStand, based on the
date that the video was published:

Video Published on Oct 13, 2016
https://youtu.be/tfk5UF7rbuM

Maybe it's just me, but both the angled welds and the curved sections of the
support bars seem like dangerous points of failure.

It would seem stronger without the angles. Also, wouldn't the
jacks be a bit simpler
to make if there was just a 90ยบ angle at each end?