Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] BOB@halpernusa.com is offline

Default Railway ties oozing creosote

On Wednesday, May 21, 2008 at 8:08:23 AM UTC-4, wrote:
As I said. �It was a political movement run by the ecofreaks and
mommies who thought their little darlings were in danger on the
playground. �That battle raged for years before the EPA caved in even
though noone ever came up with a case were it caused a problem.

Harry K

note thats what said about so much, global warming hazardous products,
heck even smoking, and most recently secondhand smoke..........

I seriously doubt RR ties still use creosote, and the new power pole
just installed doesnt have the tell tail creosote appearance either

I have had these Railroad ties that leach Creosole for 38 years. I want to sell the house and the leaching log is close to my front door and the buyers will notice it as they walk on the walk way. Also, they will track the creosole into my house & get it on the wood floor & carpets.
Do you suggest that I cover it with a light coat of concrete to seal it. there are bricks on either of the long sides. My handyman suggested that he could use outdoor paint on the concrete to look just like the bricks and cement on the walkway. do you think that will work?