Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cleaning a MIG liner

On Wednesday, August 9, 2017 at 5:10:07 PM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:

No kinks , I have it out of the lead . I was thinking maybe a
kerosene soak as you suggested . Per your post above , it's not rusty in
the liner/lead/gun , it's the roll of wire inside the machine that has
some surface rust . It doesn't help that this machine lives on the lower
level of the cart I modified to carry the TIG setup . And sometimes when
it rains really really heavy a little water comes in under the door .

--

Snag

Gunners advice seems good to me. That is putting the wire in a container with dry gas. Well I am a cheap skate and would use some desiccant and a big zip lock bag.

Maybe you could kluge up a wiper for the wire. Just some cloth to clean off the wire as it is being feed.

Dan