Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Cleaning a MIG liner

On Wed, 9 Aug 2017 14:37:40 -0500
Terry Coombs wrote:

snip
A new liner and drive roller came in the mail today from USAWeld .
Under 30 bucks for both delivered , $9/liner and $14/roller plus
shipping . The old liner has only had about 12-13 lbs of .025 wire thru
it . I suspect the problem is from infrequent use and some flash rust on
my wire . Try as I might , it's really hard to keep the humidity down in
the shop - I do have a 6k BTU AC unit out there , but don't run it all
the time due to the cost .

A lot of the liners are steel and can rust too...

You can try making some nicks with a pair of dykes in a piece of
MIG wire. Work this back and forth through the old liner and then blow
it out. It never hurts to try if you have the time and patience...

I feel your pain, Michigan is notorious for high humidity. Most of my
stuff is in the basement garage. I have humidistats set out and run the
dehumidifier when they creep above my comfort level. If I just let the
dehumidifier run at say 60% it wouldn't shut off for days if ever this
time of the year... Oily rags here and there, wipe everything down after
use. YUP, I'm a cheapskate

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b