Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Garage Door Motor unit just hums

On Wednesday, August 9, 2017 at 9:22:09 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Wednesday, August 9, 2017 at 8:41:33 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tue, 08 Aug 2017 23:49:25 -0400, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 08 Aug 2017 22:44:02 GMT, Dan Yagow
om wrote:

When turning the on/off switch or using the remote, the opener just hums. The

You need lyrics.

Contact me.

Oscar Hammerstein

light comes on but opener does not engage into closing or opening.

Likely needs the gear set replaced - nylon worm and pinion. About a
half hour job -0 last set I did cost about $39.

that or a bad motor capacitor

Like most HomeMoanersHub posts, we'll probably never hear from him
beyond the one hit wonder. Mostly two kinds of posters there.
One asks a vague question and disappears. The others revive 10 year
old threads and reply as if the question was asked yesterday.