JP

Default anyone try BONA / BonaKem TRAFFIC or MEGA floor finishing products?

Dave, Thanks for the suggestions. I was actually considering using
MinWax stain but then started getting cold feet when reading about
adhesion issues.

Which DriFast stain did you use?

Also, did you sand the floors yourself? If so, drum sander? vibrating
plate sander (Home Depot rental)? did you use sandpaper or screens
(still trying to figure out what a 'screen' is/used).

Did you buff the floor between coats or at the end when cured? If so,
how and with what?

Where did you buy the BONA products? Local? On-line? (I'm in San Jose,
CA)

Many thanks,

Jonas

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 15:31:48 GMT, Bay Area Dave
wrote:

yes, I used Mega a couple months ago on an oak floor. It works great.
be sure to use their applicator. I used the 18" one. I put down the
sealer first, followed by 2 coats of mega gloss. then I put down one
coat of semi gloss. by using gloss except for the top coat, the clarity
of the wood shows through. be sure you work FAST! the stuff works well
as long as you don't dally around. the smell is only mildly
objectionable to me. Most finishing products irritate my sinuses, so
I'd rate the Bonakemi stuff pretty good on that score.

one last caveat: don't use Minwax stain; use the Bonakemi Dri Fast
stains instead. Bonakemi states that they have adhesion issues with
Minwhacks.

dave

JP wrote:
Has anyone tried BONA 'TRAFFIC' or 'MEGA' water based floor finishing
products (listed here http://208.139.199.128/productspecs/index.asp )

They make some interesting durability claims here
http://www.bonakemi.com/contractors/...as_tough2.html

I'm looking to redo my floors just once and be done with it.... I have
little faith in Home Depot pushing their "Parks' oil and water based
products. Any experiences, thoughts, ideas or considerations accepted.

TIA