Doug

Default kitchen electric

"gg" wrote in
:

thanks...
I understand the split outlet wiring for the outlets/ but a double
pole breaker per outlet,does this mean each outlet is dedicated, so if
I want 6 outlets and each is a split receptical I need 12 breakers.it
seems like I will run out of room in the panel by the time the whole
kitchen is wired. please keep giving me ay advise you have ,this is
very interesting ,by the way I'm in jersey if that helps.

Although they may not be bad ideas, in areas of the US following the NEC,
20 amp receptacles and split wiring are not required in a kitchen. The
circuits should be 20 amp but standard 15 amp receptacles are rated for
installation on 20 amp circuits.

For 6 receptacles you probably wouldn't want 12 circuits. If you split
wired, you could do something like 4 circuits and deliver alternate pairs
to each receptacle. That would allow you to run up to 4 high power
appliances simulateously in the vicinity of each other.

Keep in mind that if you split wire you must pigtail the neutral wires and
not rely on the the receptacle to feed it through.

Most of your other questions are probably answered at this site:

http://www.homewiringandmore.com/hom...002/index.html

Doug