Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Transformerless PSU using a capacitor

On Monday, 7 August 2017 05:52:49 UTC+1, Phil Allison wrote:
tabby wrote:

** Same goes for any Class 2 device with a SMPS that uses a Y2 cap to supress RFI - but you are such a bull****ting ****head you have no idea what that even is.

For the benefit of others he

The caps used in hot chassis radios and TVs were all special high voltage ceramics rated for the task.

I've got sets like that from pre-war onward, none of those caps are
.ceramic, all paper.

** Antenna safety isolation only needs caps of about 100pF = impedance of 30 ohms at 50Mhz.

The examples I saw were sets made from the late 1960s onwards, when working of a TV hire and repair business.

Never seen a 100pF paper cap.

.... Phil

Mine are 20s - 50s. Don't know what values the caps are offhand.

NT