Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Anybody use a Roomba in the workshop?

On Sun, 06 Aug 2017 13:21:06 +0000, Spalted Walt
wrote:

-MIKE- wrote:

On 8/5/17 4:23 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/5/2017 3:20 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/ZEP-50-lb...EP50/202056504

Wow, that's a new one on me! I never knew such a thing existed.
I've used similar things for oil and spilled paint, but I never
imagined something like that for dust.

50# will last a very long time. You just sprinkle a little and it all
works as you sweep along. It is sort of like oild sawdust.

I think I'll pick some up.
I wonder if it works on wood floors.

They seem to be contradicting themselves on their website.

http://www.zepcommercial.com/product/Sweeping-Compound

From the column on the right: "SDS & PRO TIPS"

Pro Tips
This product is safe for both hard and soft flooring.

---

From the column on the right: "Questions & Answers"
Questions And Answers
Can you use it on finished hardwood floors

Answers
Thank you for contacting us. We do not recommend applying this product to hardwood floors.

We hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Zep Commercial | Consumer Relations Department
2 years, 6 months ago
ZepRepresentative

Interestingly enough, DustBane Corp, who first mareketted the stuff,
no longer even lists it as one of their products ---- I guess too many
imitators made it unprofitable for them???