Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Anybody use a Roomba in the workshop?

On Sat, 5 Aug 2017 16:43:37 -0500, Unquestionably Confused
wrote:

On 8/5/2017 11:23 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 5 Aug 2017 10:58:11 -0500, Unquestionably Confused
wrote:

On 8/5/2017 10:46 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

[snip]

In any case given their limitations on larger debris, I would think the
OP would be better off just making a fast pass with a floor vacuum tool
attached to a shop vac or dust collection system. By the time he's
picked up all the little bits, he's near done anyway. At a couple
hundred for a Roomba, he can buy some nice hardwoods or another tool. ;-)

I agree with you but I think his issue is the fine stuff that settles
hours after he's done in the shop. My issue is the concrete "dusting"
but I don't think a Roomba is the solution.

Any reason you can't give your shop floor ONE really good cleaning and
then pour satin polyurethane on it and roll it out? I did just that on
my shop and garage floor when I built it 30+ years ago. The coating is
till probably 95% (only place I've had problems is where the car tires
run with salt and crap in the bad weather. Concrete dust? WTF is that? ;-)

two words
WATER GLASS
or
Sodium Silicate