Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] lmmcams@gmail.com is offline

Default IR emitter bud resistance/splicing

Hi peeps,

I have a URC MX homepro 500 av control kit I am setting up, it has four IR outputs and four ir emitter buds, but I need another two. As it happens I also have an old ir extender kit with similar buds, I was thinking these would just be diodes I could wire in parallel with the orignals, but after stripping them back they seem open circuit? Do they work in a different way do you think? Or maybe one has become open circuit due to being tangled in the draw for some months...?

Cheer,

Steve