Posted to alt.home.repair
Bram van den Heuvel Bram van den Heuvel is offline

Default Why would an engine "gurgle" only after turning it off (and spill coolant?)

Given , Uncle
Monster wrote:

When you come to a stop, rev you engine for a minute to help it cool down.
The overflow tank on your cooling system could also be too full.
When was the last time you had the cooling system cleaned and flushed?

I think the engine has never been "cleaned and flushed".
This is what the Toyota red fluid looks like
http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?i...r_of_fluid.jpg

Trying to think of an intelligent way to flush the cooling system, how does
this sound as a plan?

-1 Open a petcock or block drain bolt and leave it open
-2 Remove the thermostat & replace the thermomstat cover loosely
-3 Remove the radiator cap & run a garden hose in the radiator neck
-4 Run the engine until the fluid draining is clear

Does that sound like a workable plan for flushing?
What did I miss or what should I do different?

---
このEメールはアバスト アンチウイルスによりウイルスス* ンされています。