Posted to sci.electronics.repair
rickman rickman is offline

Default LED lamp help needed

Jeff Liebermann wrote on 8/2/2017 11:51 PM:
On Tue, 01 Aug 2017 20:16:14 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

In California:
http://www.dtsc.ca.gov/SCP/Paint_Stripper.cfm
http://media.mofo.com/files/uploads/Images/140313-Profile-Paint-Stripper.pdf
There seems to be a proposed law banning methylene chloride, but it
seem to have NOT been enacted quite yet. I seem to recall that I can
still buy the stuff at the local hardware store. I'll check tomorrow.

I went to the local hardware store and methylene chloride furniture
stripper is still available:
http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/crud/Furniture%20Stripper.jpg
Just about everything from the center of the photo to the right would
disappears if the methylene chloride was banned. I bought some of the
Jasco epoxy stripper and plan to check if it will soften epoxy glue.

Methylene Chloride was used to glue plexiglass together. You place the
parts in position and use a capillary tube to administer enough to wet the
joint. Since the plexiglass is clear you can see it wet the joint. It
dissolves the plastic and when it evaporates you have a welded joint.

--

Rick C