Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Solid state relay switching others

On 8/3/17 9:15 PM, wrote:

A bunch cut due to aioe quotation limits.

I use SSRs a lot. You do need a little bit of a resistive load to make
them turn off reliably but 15w of incandescent light seems to work OK.
Typically they look like a 1000 ohm resistor so at 5v they draw about
5ma. (maybe more like 24ma at 24v) Voltage drop should not be a
problem no matter what tho since the range is so wide. Just for gee
whiz info 12ga wire at 1800 feet carrying a half an amp only drops
3.6v or so.
Just be sure you have clean DC (no ripple). Typical transformer wall
warts suck without adding a fat filter capacitor. but a switcher is
OK.
If you put a lamp (or just a resistor) for a load at the first SSR and
the irrigation for the load at the slaves you should be fine.

Could I bug you for specs of a resistor that would work? Would
a 24vdc
flashcube relay do the job?

Thanks