Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Refrigeration Type Air Dryer

On Friday, August 4, 2017 at 10:50:27 AM UTC-7, Bob La Londe wrote:
"Bob La Londe" wrote in message news
I've got an inexpensive Harbor Freight refrigeration style air dryer. ... Thermal switch
tripped. I wound up with moisture throughout all my lines.

A little more. I checked the input and output lines of the dryer's
compressor. One is warm and one is cold. As I would expect.

The manual is online https://manuals.harborfreight.com/manuals/40000-40999/40211.pdf
and says R134 refrigerant (so, it's a good thing you still have some cooling,
I'm not sure that's currently available). As for the NECESSITY of a dryer, I'm not
sure, but that air can't have (on average) any higher humidity than goes into
the compressor, can it? A lot of air-sucking machines would JustNotCare.

This video https://youtu.be/sa4DkE7OBUM details one possibility, and
makes me think of using an ultrasonic cleaner...