Posted to sci.electronics.repair
T i m T i m is offline

Default can I mount a stereo amplifier vertically

On Mon, 31 Jul 2017 05:30:45 -0700 (PDT), Tim R
wrote:

Huh. Interesting ideas.

I can't take credit for any of it, convection is used all over the
pace for all sorts of hearing and cooling (and gliding and cooling
towers etc). ;-)

I don't know where the air travels now. It might be worth borrowing a smoke tester and checking.

Yup, you can manage what you can measure. ;-)

It would be useful to know which component in an amplifier generates the most heat and therefore convective air flow, and which component is most sensitive to overheating. I'm assuming they are not the same component.

I'm not sure you can do much about that, just 'manage' the airflow in
general.

The point is, 'to' actually manage the airflow, rather than have it
just random.

Cheers, T i m