Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Refrigeration Type Air Dryer

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message news
"Leon Fisk" wrote in message news
On Fri, 4 Aug 2017 10:50:21 -0700
"Bob La Londe" wrote:

A little more. I checked the input and output lines of the dryer's
compressor. One is warm and one is cold. As I would expect. I do have a
larger vertical rise from the output side separator. I am wondering if
moisture is just still draining back down that riser. The last few times
I've checked the separator there is has been almost zero moistures. Still
not ready to run that air through any machines just yet.

You are out of my hands on knowledge but the manual has a some
troubleshooting tips:

https://manuals.harborfreight.com/ma...0999/40211.pdf

Looking at that there appears to be a "strainer" at the input of the
auto drain mechanism. Maybe it got plugged up?

***************

I forgot about that. I disassembled it in place and did not pull the top
part from the machine. Thanks. That could very well be an issue.

***************

Ah! You got me thinking there was another filter screen in the throat on
the top of the float drain assembly. There is not. There is just the one
accessible from the inside of the assembly. I don't have to remove the
assembly to service that one. Just unscrew the bowl, and then unscrew the
retainer that holds it in place. I went ahead and cleaned it again anyway.

After all this I think I am going to add a T in front of my shut off valve
for one quick couple that is unfiltered and not shut off with the valve so I
can have air to blow out a screen or fill a tire when I have the valve
closed and the air dryer shut down. LOL.