Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Poor Richard's Almanac

Think I mentioned here that early this year that a tree fell on my
neighbor Richard's house and wife in the yard. She could not work for a
couple of months and has rods in both legs. They had to fight with the
insurance company about cost of a new roof and guttering but found good
source for both repairs.

Now his well has gone dry and they are drilling a new one right now.
Digger told me it could be $5 to 8 thousand. I've been feeding them
water with a hose between the houses for the last 3 days. I told him I
am glad to help them but don't like even thinking about my well. Digger
says aquifer is not like a pond but like a bunch of veins or streams of
water.

Thought this might be of interest to group as my own well water seems to
have improved in last couple of years with less sediment. Mine tastes
fine but a few neighbors don't like theirs and get bottled water.

Poor Richard is also suffering leaks in his PEX piping. Not the pipe
itself but the crimped joints. Plumber told me repairing a leak nearly
20 years ago that my copper pipes would not last with well water. I
still have the pipes and have not had a leak since.