Boden

Default help, concrete driveway rising up

Sounds like you're a Texas resident. If so, thank the Texas
legislators. They seem lo like to create problems like this to support
concrete and foundation jacking contributors.

Boden

lucy wrote:

Hi everyone,
I've posted before and got great advice, thank you all so much.
Ok, there is a concrete driveway leading to the alley. The alley is just a
dirt path..
When the trash trucks come by, they're somehow pushing dirt up under the
edge of the driveway (the part that faces the alley) and over the years (not
sure how many, I just bought this house), they've raised the edge of the
driveway up. When I go to the edge of the driveway, I have to now step down
off the end of it, to step onto the alley.. about a foot drop.
I asked a guy to help with it.. he basically came over and busted part of
the concrete, then said I have to get a professional, and left! He left it
with a big crack down the middle in two places.. the driveway is long, and
the crack starts at the edge by the alley and extends toward the house only
a couple feet. He cracked it like that in two places, and dug out some of
the dirt that was under the driveway.. and of course, left it dumped by the
trash cans. Needless to say, his calls aren't getting returned. I can't
afford a new driveway, and I don't want to get in trouble with the city.
Please.. will someone tell me an affordable way to fix either the driveway,
or remove it? If so.. I don't mean to sound dumb, but.. what do I do with
the leftover concrete chunks if I do have to remove it?
Thanks in advance,
Lucy