Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Transformerless PSU using a capacitor

wrote:

---------------------------

"The only appliances that NEED isolation are electronic ones
that have external connections to other devices. The rest can
safely rely on being fully insulated or by safety grounding any
external metalwork. "

Oh really. Then plug your smartphone into an unisolated charger
and then the audio output to your stereo.

** An un-isolated phone charger would be a dangerous and highly illegal device.

I have done a Google search and find NO evidence that there are ANY on sale.

I explained the point to Mike Coon in this thread.

Up to YOU to prove they exist.

...... Phil